Monday, September 27, 2010

Finding the Sweet Spot in MODs

As an online retailer who uses Merchandise-On-Demand suppliers to create my inventory, I'm always looking for the best quality, selection and price that I can pass on to my customers.  One thing is clear - no single MOD supplier is best for everything.  Have you found this, too?  You may have found that one MOD is best for T-shirts, while another is better at stationery products, and yet another for household items. It's really not that hard to use a bunch of MODs, grabbing a product here and a product there to put together the best product mix for your target market.

The key is to find the "sweet spot" for each type of product you plan to offer. For example, I sell a lot of note cards and greeting cards. If my customer just wants one card, GCU is my best choice. But if they want a set of 10 cards, well then it depends on whether I'm making the cards glossy or matte. But in any case, there's a sweet spot for everything, and you just need to look at my comparison charts, apply them to your own situation, and suddenly you have instant inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment